The Good Search is seeking a telecommuting Engagement Manager to join our elite team. The Engagement Manager will develop a book of business, manage search and research engagements, as well as conduct hands-on-executive recruiting and recruiting research.
The role offers an opportunity for significant advancement at one of the leading executive search and human capital intelligence practices in the country. While the role is a telecommuting one, we prefer candidates in the Greater New York City and Boston area so that we can meet in person as required. The role is ideally suited for parent-tracked executives and management consultants, and journalists seeking a rewarding work-from-home for unparalleled work/life balance.
In business for more than a decade. The Good Search is retained executive search (The Good Search) and a recruiting research practices( Intellerati).We have served as a stratagic recruitment partner to some of the most powerful and successful corporations in technology, and media. Our next-gen approach and expert research enables us to consistently deliver candidates our clients never knew or dreamed existed, outperforming traditional search firms In other words, if research is, indeed, the execution engine of search, then we have a Ferrari under the hood.
We work hard and smart to find our clients the talent they need. (In fact, not finding the perfect candidate occasionally keeps us up at night.) So we expect the best from ourselves and each other. To identify the best of the best candidates, we conduct a lot of phone and Internet research. In fact, we find the work strangely meditative, like working to fill in the missing pieces in a gigantic data jigsaw puzzle as we map talent at companies, building org charts reporting-relationship-by-reporting-relationship. We never hesitate to picking up the phone and chat up people we don’t know. We do it to cultivate our sources, to gather referrals and insights, as well as surface top performers that other firms have missed.
We seek candidates with a strong passion — if not obsession — for the world of business and technology. We also have a stated “goodness” ethos, so you have to care about the candidate, about the client, and about your team because you believe you can make a real difference. (No jerks allowed.) In fact, we actually believe we can help make the world a better place — one hire at a time.
- Consult with management to scope recruiting research engagements, set research strategy, and resource the engagement to ensure success.
- Manage research projects through successful completion, taking a lead hands-on role in conducting research. For recruiting research engagements, this includes candidates identification, profiling, screening, and qualifying candidates.
- Maintain high-touch concierge-quality client relationship, serve as primary contact, and proactively manage engagement to achieve client satisfaction and future engagements.
- Effectively apply Intelleratis research methodology, enforces research standards, and ensure a consistent brand experience.
- Anticipate and minimize risk during the engagement. Proactively document any issue and immediately bring to the attention of management for resolution.
- Serve as master researcher and recruiter, training and mentoring more junior researchers on the team.
- Track and communicate project, team, and personal metrics.
- Prepare reports. Review all deliverables to ensure a high quality reseach product, checking for type-os, formatting consistency, and professional business nomenclature before passing to client.
- Prepare for and participate in weekly progress reviews with client and senior management. Effectively communicate relevant recruitment engagement information to superiors. Escalate and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Maintain strong relationship with candidates. Elicit referrals to candidates and new clients.
- Evangelize Intellerat and The Good Search. Build a book of business.
If you are accomplished academically and professionally, if you have always been one of the smartest people in the room, if you are ambitious, and if you believe in the power of information to make a real difference in the world as well as in your own life, then let’s talk.